DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WELFARE AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT-UPPER MANYA KROBO DISTRICT
The Department works in partnership with people in their communities to improve their well-being through development with equity for the disadvantaged, vulnerable and the excluded.
The vision of the Department is to take the lead in integrating the disadvantaged, vulnerable and excluded mainstream of development.
The activities of the Department include the following;
- Adult Education i.e. Mass meetings and study groups
- Women Empowerment
- Provision of extension services
- Self- Help projects
CORE PROGRAMMES OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department has classified their activities under seven core programmes namely;
- Child Rights Promotion
- Community Care
- Budget and Planning
- Adult Education
- Woman Empowerment
- Self-Help Project
- Vocational Training
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department shall assist the Assembly to formulate and implement Social Welfare and Community Development polices within the framework of national policy.
The Department shall:
1. Assist and facilitate provision of community care service
2. Facilitate community-based rehabilitation of persons with disabilities
3. Facilitate the registration and supervision of non-governmental organizations and their activities in the District.
4. Assist to organize Community Development Programmes to improve and enrich rural life through adult education, teaching women in rural communities, home management and communal labour.5. Facilitate the implementation of Child Rights promotion and protection.
6. Assist and facilitate activities under Justice and Administration.